From:
Dan Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:03:11 -0500

> > The way I see things, your mouth and stomach are the best guide
> > to the ratio of macronutrients in your diet.
>
> Well, the exception is carbs. Give your body a source of carbs and it
> will continue to crave carbs. Eliminate carbohydrates from your diet
> and this works well.

Exactly. The hardest part about diets and new ways of life is learning to
listen to what your body is telling you. It knows what it needs far better
than you ever will. It used to be, before I was a recovering carbaholic,
that I felt hungry all the time and just had to eat. Now, after having been
on paleo for a few months, I can recognize the feeling that used to be
interpreted as hungry was really cravings and thirst. I can easily
differentiate between thirst, hunger, and plain old cravings now so clearly
that it's amazing.

-dan