From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 11:22:47 -0600
>Ok.  I just have to ask the stupid question.  Maybe it's 'cause I work too
>many hours that I've missed the answer, being too tired to read all my
>email, but here goes:  eat lots of fat?  What kind of fat?

Here's some of what the story source (Dr. Ron Rosedale, Colorado Center for
Metabolic Medicine) has to say:

good fats - olive oil, nut oils, especially macadamia, avacado oil

You'll notice these are mostly unsaturated.  The focus of the story was
weight loss.  His theory (he admits it's just that but says it works) is
that saturated fat (animal saturated fat, at least) is what you're trying to
lose, so don't eat it.  Also worth noting is that unless it's wild or grass
fed animal fat, it most likely contains hormones and/or chemicals.  So Ron's
prototype is as little animal fat as possible with your fats from the list
above.

As for how much, he recommends juuust enough to support your lean body mass
or if this doesn't seem to work, get a protein deficiency going on and eat
LESS than minimum, making up the difference with fat, which cannot turn to
glucose in the bloodstream.  With diabetics, he's been known to go very,
very low protein and high fat and it works like a charm.  I'm sure if a
mainstream doc heard this they'd choke him as soon as they recover from
their coronary.  But Ron rarely if ever has a patient still rely on meds for
diabetes and if so, only one oral med.  By and large, he cures it through
diet alone.  How many mainstream docs can say THAT?

Dori Zook
Denver, CO