From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:44:34 -0600
Marianne > I find this mailing list really interesting but I must say I am
totally confused by the amount of information, much of it conflicting, that
I read here.

You may have seen a similar post I made a couple of weeks ago:

"There seem to be on this list numerous and very dry conversations -- from
my perspective of ignorance -- about things such as blood sugar levels,
insulin resistance, blood type, and how the consumption of holly berries
affects the gross national product of Guatamala.  I follow a paleo diet as
prescribed by Ray Audette...

Given my current dietary course, can someone explain to me if and why I
should concern myself with, for instance, considerations of insulin
resistance?  Assuming that medicine's not my hobby, that all I want to do
is live a healthy lifestyle, why should I care?"

The answer, of course, is that it's just not that difficult.  I thought
that Johnny Battle's post yesterday on eating wild cherries was a poetic
delivery of this message.

Even if I could, I wouldn't want to take the pleasure of debating minutia
away from any of the medical professionals or hobbyists on this list.
Heck, I'm just as guilty with my recent posts on exercise.  But minutia it
is, and rather than wade through it all, I use the delete key a lot.

Jim Swayze