From:
Craig Coonrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:43:39 -0700
On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Phosphor wrote:

> > They're often fed food like corn meal...and they will have very >low
> levels, or none of Omega three fatty acids

> do u have evidence for this?

There's plenty of information on the web about this (I threw in a few
links below)...but it doesn't take much more than common sense to deduce
that if you feed a fish food without omega-3...and eat that same fish, you
will be getting zero to little omega-3 out of the fish. As the second link
below points out...farmed fish are just like commercial beef. They lack
the nutrients of wild fish and wild game...and may contain pesticides and
chemicals and such.

Stay away from farmed fish...it's evil! ...and I haven't even started in
to the ecological disaster which is fish farming :)

Craig

http://exchange.healthwell.com/nfm-online/nfm_backs/jun_99/omega3.cfm?path=ex

Farmed fish have inconsistent levels of omega-3 as well. If they're not
fed the right kind of algae, their fatty acid levels drop."

http://www.mercola.com/2002/mar/2/fish.htm

It is important to note that farmed fish are very similar to commercial
beef. The fish are fed grain products and the beneficial omega 3 fatty
acids (EPA and DHA) are totally distorted. Additionally, non-organic grain
is used so the fish pick up the pesticides that were used on the grains
and also that run-off from neighboring farmland.