From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 01:07:34 MDT
>Dori:
> > My favorite part of this is going to Amazon.com and tracking sales the
> > day of and after an appearance.  They appeared on KHOW-Denver and went
> > from about 4,000 to 418...

>Does it represent 10 books sold or 100, or more, or less, or in-between?
>etc.

Ray can answer this far better than me.  And it will take months to
find out
sales information from Warner Books.  Does an Arbitron jump mean
millions
sold?  No.  But an increase in sales is never a bad thing.  Even Ray
will
tell you this.

I guess a bigger point was that the book went from 4K to 418 after an
appearance on a Denver station.  Denver is a big market, but only #18.
(FYI, I use Neilson [TV] statistics on market size; Arbitron, or radio
stats, are somewhat different.)

Dori Zook