From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 23:23:02 -0700
The theory I've heard to why it works this way, is that edema, the allergic
response where fluid is retained in tissue in response to encountering an
allergen, occurs near the kidneys, putting them under some small pressure, which
has a significant effect on blood pressure.  Maybe the "nature" retaining of
water that occurs with high-carb dieting creates the same circumstances.

Erik