Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 05:33:42 -0400
From: "David Harrison" <[log in to unmask]>

> I was wondering has anyone done long term ketosis.  I also get irritable
when
> I go below 40-60 grams of carbs a day.  Has anyone stayed with the
> irritability? Did the irritability pass?  If it did pass, how long did it
> take?
>
> I was wondering because the symptoms seem similar to a candida die off
that I
> have heard described.
> -David

I have been in ketosis almost constantly since June of 2001. The first two
weeks were difficult - after that I felt a pronounced increase in energy and
mental alertness. I am no longer cranky and miserable, and my once-famous
bad temper has all but disappeared. All my symptoms return if I eat high
carbohydrate foods in any quantity. I'm fine if I stay under 50 gms per day.

Lynne