From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 00:05:31 -0400
Bill Wilcox  wrote:

>I believe the salmonella is on the outside of the egg shell only.  If the
eggs
>are washed prior to use it doesn't matter if you cook them well or eat them
>raw.

I have to wash my eggs before I use them. I buy mine from a farmer that has
free-range chickens. This means his chickens drop their eggs all over the
barn yard. So they are often covered with sticky stuff, straw, and who
knows what. Many of his customers don't like these dirty eggs, so I get
them for $2 a dozen instead of his usual $2.50 a dozen.

Don (who lives in the city, but likes having the farmers travel to our
local greenmarket)