From:
Ken O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 06:25:36 -0600
Thanks for the material on denatured supplements.
Otherwise I was rather astonished by a referral to quackwatch, apparently a
propaganda and misinformation arm of the cartel of pharmaceutical, medical,
and insurance monopolies and their imposed dominant paradigm of "medicine."

Pauling's view has it's paleo component as well. His research on formation
and removal of arterial plaque led him to believe early man in the tropics
had sufficient dietary vitamin C, while with diffusion of humans throughout
the world resulting in dietary changes - most specifically vitamin C not
being as abundant - we evolved a new method for dealing with arterial
lesions, essentially laying down of lipoprotein(a) in a manner akin to
patching pot holes in roadways. Pauling found supplementation of 8-16 gms C,
3 gms lysine, 1.5 grams proline will in the course of a  year or less remove
arterial plaque. I certainly know of clinical applications that have done
the job with Dr Hotze in Katy, Texas. Pauling-Rath hold that the two aminos
facilitate repair of arterial lesions resulting in the plaque dropping off.
A year's worth of those supplements is under $100- while a month's worth of
statins (which do nothing reducing plaque while they do facilitate
congestive heart failure for sure and mounting evidence suggests they
compromise inner defenses otherwise preventing some cancers).