From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:41:12 -0600
t wrote:

>Both you and Christy have mentioned "Lights Out."  Do
>you have any "pep talk" to share with me...  On
>actually _living_ this way?  I like what I'm [still]
>reading in it, but...  Truly wonder about putting it
>into practice.  "The spirit is willing but the flesh
>is weak" and all that jazzzzzz.  :(

I made some "compromise" changes to my life based on Lights Out.
I covered the blue light on the alarm clock (which was surprisingly bright).
Starting in November, I don't look at the computer or the TV screen
after 9 o'clock at night, and try to have lights out at 9:30 or 10:00.
I also try to eat seasonally, pretty much, year around.  More fruits in
the late summer and fall, more storage veggies and soups in the winter,
more greens in spring.

When we are on a camping vacation, I find we go to sleep at dark
and get up at first light, and it feels really good.  I wonder sometimes if
we turned off the lights at home at sunset and went to bed at dark, what
changes
we would find?  In the winter it makes for very short days even at
latitude 41.
So I've been reluctant to make the change.

    Lynnet