From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 18:00:23 -0700
On Jul 4, 2007, at 4:12 PM, Ashley Moran wrote:

> On Jul 02, 2007, at 2:04 am, ginny wilken wrote:
>
>> Could it be that they are not artificially ripened with gas?
>
> They do this???

I don't know; they do it to a lot of fruits. BTW, I think Fuerte
avocados have a shorter season, and they are more fragile due to the
thinner skins. I doubt we'd see them at all except that they ripen at
a different time than the Haas. These days they are imported from
Chile, etc, so are not at all seasonal any more.

It doesn't seem right that the seasons are a non-issue now, but it's
more and more that way. All that money to ship foods, when we should
really only be eating what grows where we are...

ginny