From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 05:21:37 EDT
In a message dated 7/13/99 4:19:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  The studies I have read regarding the health of Seventh Day Adventists have
>  been performed and published by their Church. I find myself wondering how
>  many other studies with less-favorable results the Church has performed on
>  their members.

Probably countless. But we wouldn't hear about them.
  And people wonder why anyone would reject modern
religions....pleeeaase

>  I would certainly not expect the Church to undertake a study with the
>  intention of proving that vegetarian diets are unhealthy, nor to publish
>  the results of a study that came to that conclusion.

Nor would I.  Because the human animal is so indescribably self-serving.
It makes no difference what faith they follow.  The survival *instinct* is
always paramount. It could take the role of wanting to keep your job,
not wanting to lose your wife, not wanting to go to jail....etc etc etc.
The reasons for leaders being dishonest with the followers are endless.
Religion is as guilty as the non-religious, sometimes even more so.

Anna