From:
Lawrence Tagrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:29:46 -0400
The fundamental concepts I got out of Neanderthin were to avoid dairy,
grain (wheat, corn, rice, rye, and similar grass seeds), Potatoes, and
legumes.  That's what worked for me.  Of course, after reading the labels
on all the food products, and getting rid of everything with corn syrup and
wheat, I wound up learning how to cook much better than before.

There's been a lot of non-scientific doctrine published about it since
then, especially from a bunch ofprofiteers who make a lot of money selling
literature and ready-made "paleo foods."

If you look at food intolerances (NOT allergies) in our species, the top
two are dairy and gluten.  So this basic diet fits into the mainstream of
human metabolism.

Just remember, it's a diet, not a religious cult.  Everyone's metabolism is
different.  And don't believe anyone who starts preaching a "Paleo
Lifestyle." as necessary for good health.

Larry
--
Keep the books,
Burn the censors