From:
Jane Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:06:38 -0700
Hi, Alex!

I buy bison (aka buffalo) at my local kosher deli.  I asked the butcher
about it, and my understanding is that it is strictly range-fed.  It is
delicious, also pricey--$9.99/lb for shoulder steak.  I don't think they
carry ground bison, so I don't know about a price on that to compare.  I
have eaten the Great Range ground bison from Wild Oats.  I didn't like
it--too oxidized, I think, as most ground meat is, unless you grind it
yourself fresh.  I hope you will be able to find the real thing in your
hometown.

Jane