From:
caroline radway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 14:45:18 +0100
Hi
Thats pretty much what I did - I was feeling that the diet was too heavy and
basically started by making more palaeo carb choices (eg no more sugar free
jelly!) and finally cut out the processed meats eg bacon, ham, sausages and
the dairy.  Atkins was invaluable for me as a transition stage - otherwise
stright to palaeo would have been disastrous for me.  It made me realise I
could enjoy eating freely under a new paradigm / framework and that
elimination is far from deprivation.  And as mentioned, the exclusion of
fruit means that fruit can be reintroduced as a delicacy rather than a
healthy alternative to the chocolate you really want - fruit becomes the
sweet treat it always was and should be.
Caroline