From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:37:00 +0100
> It seems to me, L, that the low Carb diets would be very much Paleo for
anywhere from 3 up to even 12 months of the year, depending upon the given
population's location.  Paleo man didn't find apples, oranges, broccoli or
carrots to eat (let alone Papaya) in the dead of winter, and lacking
refrigeration, animal-based products were about the only thing
available--very Atkins!

The particular thread of ape, or pre ape that in time became us, developed
in East Africa, more or less around the equator. There is no "dead of
winter" so no lack of food due to that. There are droughts though and there
must have been times when there were hardly any veggies and fruit. At that
time of year I imagine they ate meat and fish.

Some years ago dr "A-low carb" debated with dr "Dean O-no meat" in Orlando.
On a direct question from the audience A then admitted to eating 90 pills a
day for supplements. He had a little bulgy tummy as well. Today I had a mail
from the A-company with a picture of the said man and if they had not
assured me that he was slim I would have thought otherwise.

The mentioned Stefansons parents came from Iceland where they don't grow
much. They have always eaten a lot of fish, cod, heering, salmon and they
have sheep. Lots of them. I guess it was not so difficult for him to accept
the animal based food the inuits gave him and to realize that it was
perfectly possible to live of animalia only. Icelanders also have the most
lovely horses on earth but I don't think they eat them.

We have a scientist here in Sweden who looked at two sites using molecular
biology. One was on a Swedish island and one was in Latvia. The Swedes had
mainly lived on seals and the Latvians on lake fish. In spite of this she
mocked over paleolithic food; she had in fact not understood what it was
which only proves that you do not understand all disciplines just because
you understand one.

Do you remember that 10-15 years ago some tourists found a well preserved
man from 5.000 years ago up in the mountains between Austria (No, not
Australia), Switzerland and Italy. Enniho (got that from Dori) they found
that his two last meal had been ibex meat and meat from a deer. Molecular
biology proves our case!

I too would like to know what a typo is.

Eva