From:
Stacie Lorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:29:47 -0700
I have seen many body compositions tests on very overweight or obese
people. They typically show that these people are not only carrying
excessive amounts of fat, but also more muscle with which to carry that
fat around. It is, I think, misleading to assume that two people of the
same height and build, one with excessive fat, the other normal, would
need the same amount of calories. The one carrying the extra weight will
usually need more in order to sufficiently feed (and keep) the
underlying muscle and still lose the fat.

In my opinion, if we are assuming that obese people are typically
hungrier that non-obese people, this has more to do with them not
getting enough of the proper types of food/fuel to feed their
musculature than it has to do with them believing that they are hungrier
than other people.

Stacie