From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2011 11:53:46 -0700
Hi Jim,
Bacon is rubbed in a salt mixture to which spices and sugar is often
added. It is often then dried in a refrigerated room, then smoked. Most
of this processing isn't really paleo. I'm confident that HG tribes
salted, sun dried, and smoked meats, but I doubt that they spiced and
sugared that meat. I eat bacon frequently but I do recognize that the
bacon we eat is probably not what HGs ate.

best wishes,
Ron