From:
Kenny Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 13:24:53 -0800

> I'm continuouslly reading stuff about how high
> intakes
> of protein will actually depleate manny things -
> Among
> them is Calcium. For example, (I know milk ain't
> Paleo, but anyway) drinking milk might actually
> cause
> a loss of calcium because of it's high content of
> protein.

When in college(ie:poor and no $) i ate almost no
protien, and consecuently suffered multiple fractures
within six months of each other to my clavicle,
scapula and fourth metatarsal.  Each was very slow to
heal.  It was attributed by my doctor to very low
protien intakes.

> Now, this makes me wonder about the Paleodiet. I
> basically eliminate carbohydrates. Proteins and
> Fats.
> Vegetables I try to get as much as I can.

I think alot of what is in grains like phytic acid
inhibits mineral absorbtion.

I havn't been training, yet

What type of training do you do?  What sports?

kenny brown