Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:54:36 -0800
When I switched my dogs to their raw food diet, I did
it all at once, no mixing and matching.  The took to
it like ducks to water.  I realize, cats being cats,
they may take longer to adjust, but as the author of
Give Your Dog a Bone points out, they will eat when
they get hungry.  Yes, it can be hard, but they will
not starve.  They eat mostly chicken backs (@20 cents
a pound - I wish I could feed myself so cheaply
<VBG>).  Since I am competing with someone who keeps
tigers (sigh, why do people keep wild animals?) for
the backs, they also eat chicken necks, pork neck
bones, beef and chicken liver or whatever else I can
find.

A friend in the dog club I belong to also feeds a raw
diet and she had titers done on her dogs to see how
their immunization levels were to the common doggy
diseases we are told to vax for.  They all came back
well above normal except for one (sorry, can't
remember which) and even that showed some immunity.
I wonder if it is possible to draw titers on ourselves
for those who are concerned about immunity?

Jane
over the flu and past the final exam!!!