From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 11:33:29 EDT
In a message dated 5/20/01 2:39:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  Pasteurized dairy is also engineered, judging by my reaction.
 Also I've read somewhere that in order to absorb some nutrients, fat is
 necessary for transport from gut to blood stream.

 Correct. I have just been reading Sally Fallon's book "Nourishing
Traditions". It is a horrifying tale of the destruction of the food supply.
Milk turns out to be nature's best food, and butter, and other dairy
products, but only if made from the milk of grass fed cows, and not
pasteurized or homogenized, in other words "raw" milk. These processes of
heat and high pressure are extremely destructive to the essential nutrients
in milk. There are stories of isolated Swiss villagers living entirely on the
milk, butter and cheese of their village cows, and they all had perfect teeth
with no cavities, strong and sturdy, and wide faces with full mouth
development.

We in the West, and I'm one of them, suffer from inadequate development of
the lower part of the face, which leads to crowding of the teeth, and other
health problems. This is why orthodontists do such a roaring trade. All this
was researched by Weston Price in the 20s and 30s, and it is entirely due to
nutrient deficiencies caused by processed and industrialized food.

Sally Fallon is promoting the concept of returning to the idea of community
based agriculture, with small farms practicing organic farming, and Jersey
cows supplying unpasturized and unhomogenized milk. While milk from
domesticated animals may or may not be paleo, there is plenty of evidence
that children brought up on highly rich dairy foods from "natural" cows are
extremely healthy, strong and good looking.

Butter is a sacred food in many cultures, and for good reason, it turns out.
It has the highest concentration of nutrients of any dairy product, and these
"primitive "cultures feed it to expectant parents and nursing mothers, and
the results are plain to see. We have been fed a crock about butter, and it
is still going on.

I hope subscribers to this list will investigate the Price Foundation, and
support Sally's efforts to counteract the tidal wave of misinformation that
is out there.

Charles
San Diego, CA