From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:48:03 -0700
> >That's very helpful.  I have ADD (no H), and while
> paleo helps
> >with its more grievous symptoms, it doesn't cure
> it.
>
> I cured ADD (no H) with the following:

Hmmm. I'm not so sure ADD/HD is something that can be
'cured'. Perhaps some of the extreme symptoms or
behavior problems may be alleviated somewhat, but the
basic cause - which I sincerely believe is our brains
being wired a little differently - will always be
there.

In my previous post I mentioned that I believe as a
child I would have been diagnosed as ADHD (actually I
should have written ADD for myself). I say this
because I recognized the symptoms when my son was
evaluated. Am I still ADD? Yes, I think so. But a long
time ago I learned how to cope and adjust - especially
in the work environment. It's been years since I felt
the need to 'fix it'.

I remember listening to one of the radio doctors
(can't remember the name) who was talking about this
very subject. He mentioned the names of some very
important and sucessful people who were all ADD or
ADHD, and pointed out that they might not have reached
their current levels of success if they were not wired
a little differently than their peers. And certainly
not if they had been 'drugged into submission' for
much of their lives.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

http://health.yahoo.com