Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:50:27 -0800
>>Is a presription necessary to obtain estriol?  Can you elaborate on how
you
>got your pharmacist to mix your HRT?
>I think that a prescription is necessary.  He mixes 2mg Estriol with 100 mg
Progesterone and puts them in a capsule.  I think that all pharmacists know
how to mix meds and your pharmacist may be doing this combo already.  If
your insurance does not pay for the Estriol, your pharmacist may be willing
to code it as "Prometrium" or something that they do pick up.<

A prescription is necessary.

You need to order from a 'compounding pharmacy'. There's a great list of
them by state here: http://www.yourmenopausetype.com/pharmacists/index.html
... or you can ask your doctor or check the Yellow Pages.

You can use either capsules or a transdermal cream (those work really well).

If you're looking for an over-the-counter option, I believe Emerita's
natural progesterone cream has a high level of (USP-ranked) actual
progesterone. They also have an estrogen cream that's made from a lot of
plant products - don't know if they actually have a USP-level estrogen in
there. Their site's at: http://www.emerita.com and the phytoestrogen cream
is at: http://www.emerita.com.

-CB