From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:55:18 -0600
>That is, if I have
>a big salad with my meat, I find that I am quite hungry again an
>hour or so later.  If I just have the 1/2 cup or so of
>blueberries or some watermelon, I'm fine, and I usually don't eat
>again until the next morning.

Hi Todd - have you experimented with eating sequence, that is, having
the blueberries first, wait twenty minutes or so, and then the meat
meal? If you have, did it make any difference? I ask this because
that would be my preference, me, the ex natural hygienist with the
food combination slant on things.

>This same phenomenon seems to have been the problem before when I
>was on Neanderthin and tended to have salads with dinner almost
>every night, or maybe some steamed vegetables.  I found that I
>was ravenous by 8:00 or 9:00 and would eat a large amount of
>something like broiled chicken wings, or nuts, or whatever.  Now,
>although I am theoretically allowed to eat that extra meat at
>night, I seldom have any desire to do so.

Thanks for your continuing posts on the Steak Lover's Diet. I also
tend to eat large raw salads with my meat meals and sometimes find
myself having another meal later on in the evening. Maybe nixing the
vegetable salads with my steaks will change things.

Cheers,
Jo