From:
Kimberly Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 08:49:52 -0800
Is a presription necessary to obtain estriol?  Can you elaborate on how you
got your pharmacist to mix your HRT?  I know this is not really a Paleo
subject, but I really need this information and will appreciate your reply.
Thanks.

From: ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]>

>Aren't their calcium supplements that contain calcium in
>a form our bodies can utilize it?  Seems I've read there
>are.........

Ardeith and Chris:  I take HRT in what is considered the "safe" form of
Estriol (not Estradiol) and natural Progesterone.  It is compounded (mixed)
for me by my local pharmacist and I check my estriol via saliva tests
through ZRT labs.  ZRT labs - Dr. Zava - is highly recommended on my breast
cancer list.  I know what my progesterone, testosterone and estriol levels
are and can titrate my dosage according to those levels.  Estriol has been
studied extensively in China and Europe and is finally catching on in the
U.S.  It is the only form of estrogen (there are 3) that us not known to
cause cells to divide more quickly than normal (read - cancer), but is bone
protective.

I take added calcium supps. in the form of calcium citrate at night before
bed with a handful of raw almonds and my HRT.

Hope this helps,
Kath