From:
Theresa Coast <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:07:12 EDT
In a message dated 8/21/02 1:55:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> ):  In Japan, the attitude
> >towards water and weight loss is the exact opposite of the common Western
> >belief that one should drink a lot of water when trying to lose weight.
> >(i.e. In Japan, it's a common belief that one should *avoid* drinking a
> lot
> >of water when trying to lose weight.)  At least that's what I've heard.
>
> I think you are a bit confused.
>
> There is no "common Western belief that one should drink a lot of water
> when
> trying to lose weight".

I have often heard people say that a person should drink a lot of water when
trying to loose weight. Therefore, I concur that it is a common Western
belief. I have been hearing it since the '70's when my Mother was loosing
some weight.

Theresa