From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 13:16:17 EDT
In a message dated 6/7/03 12:37:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> To say nothing of all the caffeine.

Actually, it has less caffeine than tea. Besides, no evidence exists that
caffeine is inherently harmful unless one is sensitive to it.  For every study
purporting problems with caffeine -- you can easily find one stating benefits.
In  terms of paleo correctness, there was a thread sometime ago where I think
cocoa and coffee were not deemed paleo, but tea was.  I know Audette mentions
that tea (caffeinated) as an acceptable beverage in Neanderthin and as a
convenient way to get polyphenols/antioxidants.