From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 06:21:06 +0000
>Hello, all!
>
>Our firm will soon begin a campaign for New West Foods.  In short, this
>Denver company has six individual products (buffalo and ostrich) that will
>be available in 3,000 chain grocery stores by the end of this year.

>Hope this doesn't look like an ad, but I'm sure this is just what a lot of
>people are looking for.
>
>Dori Zook
>Denver, CO

I have been purchasing emu meat of various cuts from a California supplier
whose clientele is mostly upscale restaurants. The wholesale prices are
ridiculously low, and the meat is delicious. He raises the birds and buys
from others who are also raising them. They are free ranging over large
acreage, and are processed in his own small plant. I first started buying
trim and organs for my four-legged buddy, and then figured out the benefits
of eating it myself.

I don't imagine he will be taking his business nationwide, but I think we
will be seeing a lot more of these sorts of alternatives as time goes by.

ginny and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!