From:
Gawen Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 17:37:01 EDT
I can only speak from my own experience. I was a vegetarian true believer. I
was vegan for 16 years (I ate dairy a few times a year.)  When I first became
vegan I felt great (That lasted about 6 years).  I was hungry a lot of the
time but my will power was pretty good.  After about 10 years (I was 28) my
hair started to go gray, thin out and I developed a couple of bald spots.  I
tried different supplements that didn't work.
I just accepted it and continued on.  Around that time I started to gain
weight.  I was hungry all the time.  I could eat a pound of pasta, feel
stuffed and sick, and still be hungry.
When I weighed about 280 lbs (I am 6.1) I decided something had to change.  I
started questioning my vegetarian beliefs (they ARE beliefs).
I bought a can of unsalted salmon and decided to see how it felt to eat it.
I can't describe the bliss my body felt when I sucked it down. I added fish
and chicken into my diet and cut out pasta for about a year.  I lost 50 lbs
in less that 6 months.
I felt something was still missing in my diet. ( I again tried different
supplements.)
About 8 months ago I was standing at the Whole Foods Market deli.  I decided
to try some natural roast beef they had.  I thought it might make me sick
because it had been about 18 years since I ate beef.  When I ate the beef I
again experienced that body bliss.  I discovered NeanderThin and evolutionary
nutrition theory.  I cut out all grains, dairy and beans.  And I lost another
20 lbs. My muscles also got bigger and stronger.
I try to only eat range fed beef. I feel great when I eat the natural beef.
If I eat regular store bought stuff I don't get the great feeling.

One last point: When I was vegetarian I got bad bronchitis a couple times a
year.  I have not even had a cold for the past 2 years since I started eating
meat and fish.

-Gawen

<< ot eating any protein?
 Doesn't seem so.

 If you ate enough to satisfy energy (what you will do anyway)
 then with almost any plant, protein needs (RDA) will also be *very* met.
 Not so with fruit. I has for 2200 kcal only about 88% protein (RDA).
 But RDA has a safety factor of about 2 (double)
 over what nitrogen balance tests result in a protein need.

 What is a primate diet anyway?
 What could you eat with a sharp stick?
 How do you get the stick sharp, anyway?
 And why should the stick be sharp, anyway?
 Would you manage to kill a gazelle or a wild boar, naked with a stick?
 How about a stone to crack nutshells?

 Primate diet ok.. leaving out precessed foods - ok.
 But should one eat turkeys, pigs and cattle
 (loaded with hormones,pesticides and grain fed) as a *main* dish
 instead of some insects, reptiles or birds?

 Small (low) primates live mainly on insects.
 Bigger primates live mainly from vegetation and some various things.
 They include more filth, seeds and other various things than meat.
 Excluding main allergens may cure lupus.
 And what could including meat help, then?

 And not eating meat means by *no* way eating just fruit.
 One of the best protein sources are from plants.
 If i sort my database after protein, and leave out all
 dried or heavy processed items, i encounter the following:
 (protein/100g)
 (several dried/smoked fish, cheese and sausages first) then
 29 g Pumpkin seed fresh
 26.6 wheat germ
 .... here in between come some cooked version of meat
 25.0 sunflower seed
 24.4 flax seed
 23.0 peas (but cooked not really on the list)
 22.8 chicken breast
 22.0 beef cooked (i only have a cooked version)
 20.3 lean raw meat of sheep or pork
 20.0 sesame fresh
 18.0 Almond fresh

 ><< She is currently on no medications at all, and her lupus is getting
 > progressively better.  Basically, she just eats fruit al day and takes a
 > little omega oil.  Even though she doesn't eat meat hardly ever, her lupus
 > *and* her health have improved tremendously.
 >  >>
 Fine.
 Maybe not "even though" (she doesn't eat meat) but even "promoted by".
 Naked with a stick... and a stick sharpening tool?
 and a fire starting set? (in a bag ? :-))
 and a stone knife to open a carcass skin?
 and a pan? and adding fat from what?

 and where would Grog get the fat from, to satisfy hunger?
 It's not Grog the caveman, with the fat pig foot.
 It's Munch, the industrial, agricultural pig feeder.

 What is the real primate diet, naked with a stick?

 regards

 Amadeus
 "If we were thought to fry food, then pans would grow on trees"

Gawen Harrison

A mind is a terrible thing to save.
The United Madman's College Fund.