From:
Gary Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 18:19:07 -0600
Rick Strong wrote:

  Maybe you just tanned gradually;  I look back fondly on the days when a
deep
tan was the thing to do;    I still think it looks great;  however,  I would
be
amazed if diet had much to do wiht your result of tanning without a burn.

Diet is the only thing that's changed this year compared to years past other
than my age (I'm younger now!).  This year I didn't have to worry about how
much time I spent outside.  If I would have spent an hour in the sun (with
or without a base) before, I would have been fried.  To top it off I would
then peel in a day or two.  I gave up tanning for sport :) long ago, it's
nice being able to spend time outside this year and not worry about getting
fried.  With all I've learned about nutrition and what I've personally
experienced, I believe diet could also impact our tolerance of sun exposure.
After all isn't our skin our largest organ?

Patti