From:
Bernard Lischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 20:13:58 -0700
>(as already discussed here, coagulated and pre fermented milk was
> available and used in paleolithic times by hunters of "calves").

We never came to the conclusion or saw any evidence toward the idea that
calf-stomach milk was available in such quantity and frequency to cause
selective pressure.  I, personally, have never heard mention in the
literature of any form of dairy consumtion by paleolithic peoples.  My
conclusion is that although it must have happened, just as grains must have
been used from time to time, it wasn't significant enough to support dairy
use for people seeking to replicate a 'paleo' diet.  I have similar
misgivings about eggs, although not as strong, and only eat them
occasionally.