From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:25:19 +0100
The old argument re eating too much  re calories is increasingly suspect. For example, it's been suggested by many scientists  that highly processed foods are a key factor behind obesity, so there's no reason to suppose that less-heavily processed foods such as boiled grassfed meats  don't also cause obesity in a similiar fashion.It's interesting also, that there is mention in various places of the addictive nature of processed foods:-

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/processed_food.html

as that relates to my other points made re addictive substances found in cooked-foods which over-stimulate appetite. I noticed this, myself, in the past.I'm sure members have noticed, like myself, that it's much easier to overeat highly-processed foods like Pringle's Crisps or Mars Bars or whatever you have in you country, without feeling full until much later, than it is to overeat just cooked-meat by itself. So, it makes sense to assume that the less processing(cooking etc.) that is involved in a food, the sooner one will feel full.

Now, I'll grant that constant high activity levels can reduce weight etc., but this is only easily achievable in tribal cultures like in Palaeo times, where daily activity levels were high enough to counter any weight-gaining effect of cooked-foods.

Geoff

> Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:57:41 -0500
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: How fire made us human
> To: [log in to unmask]
>

> It could also be that before taking on the raw food approach, people just
> ate too much (at least in terms of calories). Raw foods, by their very
> nature, are primarily meat and veggies, and it's pretty hard to overeat on
> raw meat and veggies.
>
> --
> Robert Kesterson

Get the best of MSN on your mobile