From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:30:57 -0600
Drat!  I've searched the 'net (albeit briefly) for a story I heard on CBS
Radio News this morning and can't find it, but here's the gist:

A new study shows that excess acid from Coke, Pepsi, etc. leaches calcium,
leading to osteoporosis (sound familiar?).  Makes sense - we're glugging
this venom by the gallon and osteo is up.  Heaven help us when lifetime Big
Gulpers hit their 50's!

Of course, my favorite part of the story was the soundbite in which the
study author says more Coke = less milk which also leads to oseoporosis.
Surprise, surprise.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO