From:
LeRoy Unger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:17:26 -0800
Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:There are 6 messages totalling 126 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

1. glucose question
2. Greetings From Texas (3)
3. Paleo places? (2)

------=-=-=-=-=-=-=- IMPORTANT NOTICE -=-=-=-=-=-=--------
Make sure you have a subject line that reflects your topic
Do not have a subject that says Re: PALEOFOOD Digest - ...

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:41:11 -0800
From: Kristina Carlton
Subject: Re: glucose question

mark wilson wrote:
>Unfortunately, I think it tells you that you need to
>retake the test after a full 12 hour fast. Curious,
>why did you eat? Depending on what was tested the
>food can effect the other results as well.

>Mark

The test was primarily to check my progesterone, estrogen and other hormone levels, but my doctor always runs a CMP as well. He had also told me at one point that as long as I had not had anything to eat or drink in 4 hours it would be ok. My true fasting glucose in the last two months has been 100 and 102. So what does THAT tell me?

Kristina

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:32:12 -0800
From: LeRoy Unger

Subject: Greetings From Texas

I have been reading the Digest for about a week now to see how things flow. Decided to make a first posting to say hello.

I look forward to reading more and adding my two cents every-so-often.

LeRoy Unger--The Paleorunner

Meet the all-new My Yahoo! – Try it today!

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:03:15 +0100
From: Eva Hedin
Subject: Paleo places?

My husband and I are going to Miami the day after tomorrow. Are there =
any paleo restaurants och other paleo interesting places that we =
shouldn't miss? Or interesting places out of an evolutionary point of =
view?
Eva

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:14:42 -0600
From: "Kristina K. Carlton"
Subject: Re: Greetings From Texas

> I have been reading the Digest for about a week now to see how things
>flow. Decided to make a first posting to say hello.

>I look forward to reading more and adding my two cents every-so-often.

>LeRoy Unger--The Paleorunner

Welcome to the list!! I am in Texas as well.
Have you started Paleo yet?

Kristina

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:11:08 -0600
From: Mike Knickerbocker

> Welcome to the list!! I am in Texas as well.

Me too! Hi y'all!

--

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:08:20 -0600
From: MB
Subject: Re: Paleo places?

Eva,
I live in Miami. I grew up here. There aren't any paleo places per se, but the city is a wonderful place. If you are in Miami proper, that is, not Miami Beach, which is a different city, I would suggest you take in the atmosphere of the Latin community. A place that reminds me of the real Latin America is El Palacio de los Jugos (The Juice Palace). This is located on Flagler Street and Red Road (56 Avenue). It is a plaza with many vendors selling everything from freshly roasted pig to coconuts (they open them for you with a machete so you can drink the water, and if there is some meat inside, the guy will open it up and make you a little scoop out of the coconut shell). The place is completely disorganized, people will order things over your head even if you've been standing in front of them. You have to hold your ground and point to what you want. If you don't speak Spanish, then it's sign language, 'cause you'll be hard pressed to find someone who speaks English there. The food is
great. You can get fried fish roe and fresh tamales (made of corn--not paleo, but delicious!) as well as the juice of almost any tropical fruit. Try the coconut cream, mamey, guanabana (sour sop), tamarindo, maracuya.
I also recomend going to Little Havana--Eighth Street (Calle Ocho) from 13th Avenue to 17th Avenue. There are a lot of shops, fruit stands, galleries, live music at night, and a lot of life. I always tell people that I love Miami because it is so close to the US.
These are places that you won't find in the tourist maps. Also, you have to suspend your paleo for one meal and eat a Cuban sandwich or a Media Noche at Latin American Cafeteria on Coral Way and 28th Avenue. Then follow it with a cortadito (the Cuban capuccino).
Good luck to you and your husband.
Manuel

Visíta Yahoo! Noticias.