Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:18:52 -0500
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:14:43 +0100, Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Lutfisk is a Swedish Christmas traditional food so I wonder what you
> mean?
> Besides, it can never be paleo because it is impossible to eat without
> bechamel gravy with mustard. Traditionally served with boiled potatoes
> and
> green peas.

I ate it in Saskatchewan and liked it just dipped in boiling water.
Years later I found a Minnesota Norse website which claimed it as either
the Norwegian nation dish, or the Norwegian national disgrace. ;)
She wrote that it was served covered with bacon.

It might be paleo considering how it is made.
As for the objection that paleoman didn't catch cod, the story is that
Viking ladies would catch a seal, give it a big hug and the seal would
spew all that it ate.

They were strong in those days.

Anyway, if it's true that food choices can control genes, this might
explain national differences of appearance and other characteristics.
For instance the French (some) originally  were Franks, they ate würst and
drank beer, then began to eat frogs & drink wine, which maybe explains
some differences.

William