From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 07:46:18 -0500
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:07:33 -0600, Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Excellent posts on this subject, thanks to all, but shouldn't the protein
>levels correspond to present weight and adjust as you lose your weight?  If
>someone weighs well over their ideal weight they won't be getting enough
>calories to sustain them. If you only have ten pounds to lose then the
>protein would apply to ideal weight but for someone who is insulin
resistant
>and has to lose over sixty pounds it wouldn't be prudent for them to eat at
>their ideal weight...... I know it wouldn't have worked for me in the past.
>Today it's workable......  Oliva

Some such as Barnes use present weight and adjust down accordingly, but
Kwasniewski utilize one's "ideal weight" and he gives calculations for
determining it.  Protein is not the main energy source -- fat is.
Therefore, one would simply eat sufficient fat to quell hunger.
Kwasniewski does not rely on calorie reduction.  His plan is also not paleo
in that it allows dairy.  When one is using cream and butter, it is very
easy to quickly and conveniently add fat calories without adding to the
protein count.