From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:16:46 -0500
> Just look at what they feed patients

Saw a new CARDIOLOGIST for a cardiolite test last week to check for
blockages/blood flow.  Was handed a package of peanut butter crackers and
told I HAD to eat them before they could take the pictures.  Saved the
package.  Look at the ingredients:

Enriched FLOUR
PEANUT butter
DEXTROSE
HYDROGENATED  COTTONSEED OIL
PARTIALLY-HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN and/or COTTONSEED OIL
SUGAR
WHEY
CORNSTARCH
SALT
HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP
MALTED BARLEY FLOUR
SOY Lecithin
YELLOW 6
CHEDDAR CHEESE
BUTTERMILK

My opinion--nutritionwise, doctors in general are a huge part of the problem
and very little part of the solution.  I told them they really needed to
re-think the crackers bit and not foist transfats and other crap on
patients.

Theola