From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 11:09:05 -0400
On Sat, 15 May 1999, Monty Montgomery wrote:

> I recently read that galanin is a brain hormone
> that regulates the body's desire for fat and as
> galanin levels rise, so does your desire to eat
> foods that contain fat.

Is there any information about what causes galanin levels to
rise?  Is there perhaps a feedback system of some sort?  It would
be interesting, for example, if it could be shown that low EFA
levels trigger this hormone, to initiate fat-eating behaviors.

Anyway, this is the first I've heard of it.

Todd Moody