From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:15:38 -0700
At 11:11 AM 08/30/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:27:26 -0700, Wally Day <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>On the other hand, I must also state that, although I
>>lean toward the high-intensity training theories that
>>stress rest and recuperation, I also know of many
>>individuals who do great working out six days per
>>week.

        I've been training for over 20 years and have yet to meet even one
individual that can train 6 days a week and make gains for any period of
time without losing their health. I know of plenty of world champion
powerlifters that train anywhere from 1-3 days a week. The ones that train
less and are drug free are the only ones I see making any progress.
        Muscle mags forget to tell you that these people training so often are
taking huge amounts of drugs from growth hormone to amphetamines(and that
they write routines to make them look like supermen which they really don't
do). You name it they'll take it! Bodybuilding competitively hasn't a thing
to do with health so I would be suspect of their advice.

Dave