From:
tom roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 17:56:24 +0000
> He found the fresh tracks and followed the animal for several of the
> hottest hours of the day.

I have often wondered how these hunters can function so well with
limited water intake. I assume the hunter didn't carry water with him or
stop to drink.

I have a friend who spends a lot of time in the woods (I live in
Indiana). He is in his early 70's and often spends the larger part of
the day, including mid-day out in the woods foraging and just walking
around. Even in mid-summer he doesn't take water with him. Last summer
during the heat of berry picking season I asked him how he does it and
he said well, ever now and then if he gets thirsty he will eat a few
berries. He is very fit, eats a moderate calorie, sugar free diet. He
don't eat paleo by an means.

I have another friend who is a professional landscaper. His water intake
is very low, even in the summer, compared to what I would think it shoud
be.

Yet, we are told that a high water intake is important and a high
protein diet makes me thirsty and I find myself drinking a lot of water.

Any thoughts or comments?

Tom