From:
Aileen Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:34:28 -0500
> Cold sores are due to the herpes virus. Diet won't help them. Canker
sores,
> properly called apthous ulcers, are not the same as cold sores. Many
> people, including doctors, get confused between these. Canker sores are a
> symptom of undiagnosed gluten intolerance, and this has been documented
> many places.
>
> Don.

I knew that cold sores are due to the herpes virus, Simplex I, I believe.
But I thought that if you strengthened your immune system, i.e., through a
paleo diet, your body can keep the virus better suppressed.  I know they can
be induced through stress, so maybe it's a combination of the two, since I'm
no longer in that stressful position at work and have been relieved of them
for the most part.

Aileen