From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:29:47 -0700
At 08:30 AM 08/27/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>For me too often means going even with minor pains to chiropractor instead
>of trying some less invasive techniques.

        The adjustment of the spine is not for the treatment of pain but rather
for the removal of interference to the nervous system allowing the body to
function properly.

>I read that frequent aligments can "loosen" spinal structure and make it
>more prone for injuries.It makes sense to me.

        If you were to have the spine simply thrusted upon with no concern for
specific structure, maybe, but the amount of incorrectly applied force and
frequency would have to be extreme. You would figure out long before that
something wasn't right.
        I have adjusted some in a health crisis up to 10 times in a day. I know of
many that required 4-6 adjustments a day for 3 months straight because they
were experiencing an extreme health crisis such as cancer. There is a very
wide range of care needs which is determined by a history, existing
condition, age, and exam findings. What someone eats and how /if they
exercise is also very important. The presence of symptoms or the lack
thereof is a poor indication of one's health status.

>It most cases lower back pain is caused by muscule spasms (due to stress,
>bad sitting habbits, etc.).
>
>Paul Sand

        I agree.

Dave