From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:59:15 -0500
On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 09:02:36 -0600, Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>.. Even you said it: "the carbohydrate is already in excess."
>People are getting type II diabetes due to excess carbohydrates.  You seem
>to think it's just fine to eat all the carbs in the world and if you get
>diabetes, no problem, just take a pill.

Why even and why your suspicion?

You didn't state it, but it "seems" your way against excess carb
is to avoid carbohydrates alltogether.
That should do it. Probably. But you can't avoid carbohydrate because your
body (brain) needs them, at least some 500kcal per day.
If you don't *eat* carbohydrates your body makes them from protein
you'll crave for then.

I think the real Question is how to avoid *excess* carbohydrate.

How can anybody's system go on eating more and more candy and cakes,
while the blood sugar is already overflowing?

My answer, theory, supposition is that those body cells don't really have
access to all the glucose in the blood and so crave for more and more.

And they don't have access to it for one main reason:
A deficit in the essential enzymes for turning them into heat, motion and
thought.

Pyruvate decarboxylase is the (only) bottleneck that distinguishes
energy from sugar from energy from fat.
After that, the whole energy mechanism is exactely the same for fat energy
and sugar energy (the same Krebs cycle which needs CoQ10 and B* vitamins and
yields most energy per unit
http://chemistry.gsu.edu/glactone/PDB/Proteins/Krebs/Krebs.html ).

Pyruvate dehydrogenase complex consists of very large *genase enzymes ,
I won't bother with those who find it to technical (for those who do care:
http://aci.mta.ca/Courses/Biology/BioWeb/2001pyruvatedehydro.html ).
But it contains TPP, an active form of vitamin B1 you can easily become
short of.

So I only eat paleolithic (or megalithic) carbohydrates,
which contain lots of the stuff.

As long as you eat fat directly you don't need and pills nor the enzyme you
quoted from, because your adipose calls can use this fat directly to grow.
By the way.

Best regards and a nice weekend.

Amadeus S.