Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:00:50 -0400
Charles Comer wrote:

<<I'm doing research on Dr Walfords 120 year Diet,  Caloric restriction
with high nutritional content, (i.e.) lots of minerals and vitamins.
   btw I lurk the paleo list, because Im a pre med student and I cant
beleive people eat that much meat>>

  Lurking on this list is not the best way to truly study the hypothesis
that fuels the paleo movement.  Have you been to the resource page at
www.paleodiet.com ?
Take a good look at the links there.

  As far as volume of meat goes, most people I know eat no more meat than
SAD eaters.  You may also want to explore the difference between naturally
fed meat and grain-fed meat.

   Be aware that the profession you are choosing is willing not act, and
wait 20 years for double-blinded studies to tell them what they have already
highly suspected. They're still not sure that food and health are connected
in any way (go to Stephen Barrett's Healthfraud mailing list if you think
I'm exaggerating about this).

  If you approach everything with a open mind and critically analyze
everything yourself, you will make a good physician.

Regards,
Siobhan