From:
Michael Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:15:44 -0500
From: "Richard Geller" <[log in to unmask]>
> Our bodies are not always designed to regulate how much of
> something we eat, especially sweets. Many of us will over-consume unless
we
> have external regulation or are really careful -- I have never tried
> "instincto" but never felt it had intellectual merit based upon my
> observations.
> --Richard

Why do you think that our bodies are not "designed" to
eat properly the foods man has eaten and lived on for countless centuries?

What observations are you referring to?

My own experience is that I never have overeaten when I have an abundance of
one paleo food on my plate. I eat all I want of that one food and then stop
easily. This type of eating is the opposite of my eating style when I was on
SAD. On SAD I overate at every meal and had only pain of being stuffed to
tell me when to quit. I weighed 327 lbs
back then and I thought I was a hopeless case. But on this simple paleo diet
my life has changed dramatically and I am approaching the appropriate weight
for me. I am no longer a glutton.

Michael