From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:34:49 +0100
From: Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>

>Well, you are right that the jury is still out about
>wheather or not long-termed ketosis is unhealthy or
>not.  However, here is good reason to avoid them
>(taken from "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" by Tom
>Venuto):
>
>"Whether or not ketogenic diets are unhealthy is
>uncertain, but the real reason you
>should avoid them is because ketosis is not a
>requirement to burn fat. Only a calorie
>deficit is necessary to burn fat. Ketogenic diets are
>extremely strict and nutritionally
>unbalanced. They are what you could call “extreme
>measures.”

I'm in ketosis or close to for last 5 yeras. Never had any health problems.
I can build pretty quickly muscules without carbs if I eat enough calories.
Two years ago when I tried to bulk for a few months I was accused of taking
steroids. So it must work.

I don't think it's nutritionally unbalanced because I can eat tones of green
veggies if I want to (but I don't). For me they are nor extreme measures
they are just normal way of eating. I don't feel deprived. If your body
starts to be efficient fat burner you suddenly lose the taste for sweet
stuff. I cannot finish banana now. It's too sweet.
The author has no idea what he's talking about.

Paul Sand