From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 05:05:55 +0000
>Colds sores are a low level immune suppression. It could be caused by
>anything from a lack of protein or some nutrient to gluten or dairy.
>

>> >I've always had cold sores that my dermatologist has put me on
>> >daily meds for and without them I tend to get a cold sore at least once a
>> >month or more.

I personally could not subject my body to a constant bath of antiviral
meds, just to avoid symptoms of herpes. Paleo should gradually improve your
immune system to a point where cold sores are not a problem, whereas the
long-term effects of Acyclovir and the like might be serious.

Doctors tend to get loose and weird prescribing these sorts of things, what
with sales incentives, free samples, and bogus info from the drug
companies. I'd think twice.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!