From:
jlpresto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:37:13 +0900
Greg, Jean-Claude,

I am glad to hear that at least a few others out there are doing this.
Probably when you think of the response of other listers, and remember that
I only came to the list 1 month ago out of curiousity and for health
reasons, you might understand why my first interest arose around the sasami
cut.

I find it interesting that other birds are preferred.  I dont understand tho
why they have to be organic.  For example, there is a chicken farm here that
raises them free-range to 6 mos.  But it is not organic.  For all intensive
purposes, there is no organic here unless you grow it yourself, and even
then, who knows about pesticides in purchased soil (talking about veggies
now...well you know).  I mean, you can wash stuff off the surface either
way, but why would cooking it or not make a difference?  This is probably
not what you meant, you probably meant that any and all foods you eat should
always be organic, but simply put, it is not an option.  But I dont think
that should make a difference as to what is best for you nutritionally in
terms of cooked or not.

Does that make sense?

I believe there is a long history of raw sparrow and horse meat, and of
course anything from the sea.

Since I was a child I liked the cooked liver and heart and such, and I am
known to try just about anything, but I think this will take some time,
expecially to seek out sources, and get used to the whole idea and such.
But I guess if I liked the raw breastmeat it would inspire me to move on.
On the other hand, I can just stick to all the sea stuff.  Is that what you
would do?

Is there a difference in degrees of cooked?  I am looking at this at least
initially all from a nutritional point of view.

I cant have a lot of beef.  It makes me sick.

Thank you again for your advice on this matter.

Judith