From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 05:17:21 -0400
On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:27:12 -0500, Ward Nicholson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hmmm... The article gave me the impression that PETA has really
>successfully ripped the meat industry in past debates. This time, the
>author of the web article turned the tables on them.

I admit I even don't know much of PETA and just understand that they are
some animal rights organization.
However. I have the impression, that people heading for a paleo style of
nutrition - especially in eating animals - could be more fond of PETA than
of the meat industry.

At last meat "industry" is it who IMO changed animal eating to the worse in
two aspects
1. from: the challenge of hunting and the conscious decision "you or me"
   with some holy respect for the prey
   to: just go to the supermarket, buy meat with the only limitation of
   money, and have others do what now are cruelties
2. from: fresh and natural state food
   to: unidentifieable muscle parts of unnatural animals, pure products
   of agrobusiness in all: fedder, genetics and composition.

Some time ago I read a statement of a *vegan*, who said that
she'd prefer hunters to kill the prey they eat in the wild, instead of
consuming industry animals.
Because the hunted animals had a free and natural life up to the few seconds
of its death.
I tend to adopt this point of view.

So far some thoughts on paleo and ethics.

with respect

Amadeus Schmidt
"I whish I was a hunter in search of different food.
 I whish I was the animal that fits into that mood."
(Tom Tykwer, sondtrack to the film "Lola rennt")