From:
Dianne Heins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 11:56:02 -0600
At 09:54 AM 5/22/01 -0700, R Bartlett wrote:
><<Maybe the simplest explanation is the best.>>
>
>According to Balch and Balch (2000), 3 to 4 grains of Armour
>Dessicated Thyroid Tablets will raise a regular morning temperature of 96F
>to the normal range, while 1 to 2 grains will raise a morning temperature of
>97F to the normal range (see p450-453 of Prescription for Nutritional
>Healing, 2000).  You can obtain Armour Thyroid tablets without a
>prescription.

Does this stuff also encourage a decrease in thyroid function?  What I mean
is I recall reading that one of the downsides to prescription medications
used to treat hypothyroidism is that they essentially replace what the
thyroid isn't producing--and that this in turn causes the thyroid to work
even less well, or something like that...  Maybe I misunderstood completely!

Does this stuff simply support the thyroid or what?  I ask because I'm also
one of those with lower than average temperature and was wondering if a
little support might be a good thing, but didn't want to screw my system up
even further!  I'm *trying* to fix it :)

Or is this OT, too?  If so, sorry...

Dianne